top of page
Pray for Dominic
In our hearts forever
Dominic's Hero Fund- St. Baldrick's Foundation
Dominic’s Hero Fund has been created, to honor our sweet boy and help fund research specifically for High Grade Gliomas such as Glioblastoma and DIPG, for there is no known cure. These types of brain cancers are extremely aggressive with the average prognosis less than a year.
Funds donated to Dominic’s Hero fund will go directly to Pediatric Brain Cancer Research for High Grade Gliomas.
CLICK HERE TO DONATE or for more information.
Original Song "Super Dominic"
Written and recorded for Dominic. 100% of the proceeds go to Dominic's Hero Fund supporting Pediatric Brain Cancer Research for High Grade Gliomas. Download from iTunes or Amazon
DOMINIC'S TOY CHEST
Dominic's family continues to collect toy donations for CHOP oncology.
Visit the wishlist:
DOMINIC'S TOYCHEST WISHLIST
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Oncology Wish List *Indicates high need
Thank you for thinking of our patients and families in such a special way. This list is a compilation of items that we utilize all year round in our playrooms, to celebrate birthdays and other special occasions.
• Crayola® Art Supplies • Play-doh®* & Model Magic®*
Board Games, Original Uno*,
• Movies*: New releases, Disney & Pixar favorites
• Electronics: headphones, phone chargers, wireless speakers, instant film camera
• Video Games for: Playstation 3, X Box 360 & X Box One
• Gift cards :Amazon*, Visa*, Jimmy Johns, Target*, Starbucks, Gamestop, Lids
• Art Supplies: Blank canvases, high quality paint brush sets, glitter glue, beading kits, objects to paint
• Infant and baby items: Light up toys, crib soothers, rattles, all plastic toys, teethers,
sound machines, light projectors
• Toddler items:Board books, Fisher Price toys, Little People* play sets, plastic play food/kitchen, plastic animals and dinosaurs
• School age items: Lego Kits*, Character toy’s, Marvel superhero action figures, Tonka, plastic baby dolls, play toolkits, Matchbox cars, children’s books*
• Teen items: Nail polish, make-up kits, scrapbooking books and paper, sports memorabilia, adult coloring books, large lego kits, DIY kits
• General Admission Tickets for: Please Touch Museum, Philadelphia Zoo, Adventure Aquarium, sporting events
• Hats (must be individually bagged) Sports caps, knit hats, head scarves
Please note that we are unable to accept items that contain cloth parts and stuffed animal donations of any kind. To protect the health and safety of our patient’s we are also unable to accept any toys, games, etc. that are not new
Dominic Liples is a 8 year old boy who was diagnosed with a brain tumor in March of 2016. He underwent surgery to remove as much of the mass as possible. He then completed a round of radiation and chemotherapy treatments to attempt to shrink the remaining tumor.
On June 29th, after a 6 week break from treatment, Dominic began what was intended to be a year long course of chemotherapy to continue to treat the tumor.
On October 19th, the doctors informed Dominic and family that the tumor had grown despite the chemo treatments. On October 26th Dominic had emergency surgery to remove more of the tumor. In early November he began immunotherapy treatments.
In early December the family learned there was continued tumor growth despite the immunotherapy. The tumor had spread to the other side of Dominic's brain and his condition was rapidly declining. Dominic spent the next few days with his loved ones surrounding him. He passed away in his parents arms in the early morning of December 7, 2016.
bottom of page